The Notre Dame Environmental Change Initiative (ND-ECI) is happy to announce that it will continue to grow the postdoctoral community in environmental change, climate change, and adaptation, including efforts with distinct linkages to human health and wellbeing. In its 2nd year, the purpose of the ND-ECI Partial Postdoctoral Fellowship (PPF) program is to stimulate postdoctoral research and scholarship that helps to solidify collaborative bridges between science and engineering, as well as the social sciences and humanities through interdisciplinary training.
ND-ECI currently houses a “Postdoc Supergroup” and with the PPF funding opportunity, we will continue to expand this engagement. We invite applications that would take advantage of a cost-share model to maximize this group of scholars; for successful applicants, ND-ECI funding would cover 40% of the annual salary plus a meeting travel stipend. All proposed research conducted by PPF Scholars must synergize with the research of an ND-ECI Affiliated Faculty Member who will act as the primary postdoctoral mentor.
Postdoctoral Fellows (current and future) must be advised by a full-time ECI-affiliated regular faculty (i.e. Tenure/Tenure-track, Research) who is eligible to submit research proposals at the University of Notre Dame.
Awards of up to 40% of the Annual Salary and up to $1000 for conference travel for eligible applicants.
Applications are due buy Monday March 16th at 5 PM
The funding duration is one year, match funding must be allocated by Summer 2020.
PROPOSAL FORMAT AND SUBMISSION
Total Proposal Length: up to five pages total.
Each proposal much include the following items in the order listed:
- Title, applicant contact information and faculty mentor information.
- Description of research activity and or question to be addressed.
- Importance and potential impact of research activity.
- Approach and methods or other appropriate narrative to describe research activities.
- Goals and mechanisms for translational outcomes, including scholarly products, management/policy, and new proposals.
- Project activity timeline, including deliverables. Please include start and end dates and any interim dates of importance.
- Brief budget details of current funding, and information on salary cost-share.
- Literature cited.
If successfully funded, the following Terms of Award are required:
- Lay abstract for use on ND-ECI website.
- Work from the ND-ECI space at least 50% of the time.
- Participation in ND-ECI seminars and events.
- Resulting proposal submissions routed through NDR will be affiliated with ND-ECI.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For more information on postdoctoral fellowships, please contact Kara Primmer.