This Halloween weekend, join the Notre Dame Linked Experimental Ecosystem Facility (ND-LEEF) for some spooky fun at the 9th Annual Science Sunday at St. Patrick’s County Park!
On Sunday, October 30 from 1 - 4 pm, adults and children are invited to learn about ND-LEEF and a variety of the current environmental research happening at the University of Notre Dame. Notre Dame faculty and graduate students will lead demonstrations and hands-on activities appealing to all ages, including:
- Measuring Stream Flow: Boat races
- Collection & Identification: Aquatic insects & zooplankton
- Underground Lakes: Understanding groundwater resources
- Watershed Conservation: Protecting our freshwater resources
- DIY Water Filter: How to filter water with household items
- All About Bats: Learn about these “not-so” spooky critters
- Blobs in a Bubble: ND Chem Demo team demonstrations
- Data Shape Collective: Exploring scientific knowledge through art
The event is free and open to the public. Halloween costumes are welcome!