Join local young professionals in helping clean up the East Race Waterway in South Bend, and then cool down with a whitewater raft ride with friends and colleagues!
Starting at 2 p.m. in the AM General parking lot (across the street from AM General, 105 N. Niles Ave.), volunteers and their families and guests can participate in a river bank clean up along the East Race Waterway. You can then cool down afterwards in an exciting ride down the East Race River, which is one of the only urban whitewater rafting courses in the country! From 5 p.m. onwards, everyone age 21 and older is invited to relax at Corby’s Irish Pub, 441 E Lasalle Ave., after rafting.
All participants are welcome to join any or all parts of the event — you can clean up or cool down, or both! (In the event of rain, the event will be held Aug. 12 instead.)
Please fill out the registration form below by July 31.
- The City of South Bend will provide bags and gloves for the clean up, as well as waivers, which can be completed in advance (see link in registration form below) or on-site. On the day of the event, volunteers will be organized into groups for cleaning up different sections of the river.
- Children are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Close-toed shoes recommended.
- The City is providing a discounted rafting rate of $5 per person, per ride, payable with cash or credit on the day of the event.
- Participants must be over 54 inches tall; children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Shoes with a heel strap are recommended. Be prepared to get wet!
Originally published at youngleaders.nd.edu.