The Environmental Change Initiative provides faculty with several opportunities to seed research and promote new, or strengthen existing collaborations in order to extend ND-ECI’s research vision.
Annual ECI Call for Proposals:
- Up to $80,000 available for seeding research & collaborations
- Forthcoming details with RFP in Spring Semester 2017
ND-GAIN Faculty Involvement Grants:
- Up to $100,000 for seeding climate adaptation research & collaboration
- Competitive proposals model the social or physical consequences from climate change under differing conditions of human social adaptation
- RFP closed for 2016 - Stay tuned for future RFP details
- Fall 2016 Receipients: Debra Javeline & Tracy Kijewski-Correa "Coastal Homeowner Adaptation to a Changing Climate: A Study of Risk Awareness, Risk Reduction, and Resilience"
ND-ECI also provides opportunities for postdoctoral researchers, graduate students and undergraduate students through fellowships, stipends, research support, and academic credit.
There are no Post-Doc opportunities at this time. Please check back soon!
ND-LEEF Graduate Student Research Grants:
- $1,500 to support research at ND-LEEF (aquatic or terrestrial)
- For questions about research and funding at ND-LEEF, contact Brett Peters | firstname.lastname@example.org
ND-ECI Undergraduate Fellowships:
Up to $1,000 for stipend or supplies to support undergraduate environmental change research
University of Notre Dame undergraduates are able to participate in research with ECI faculty from a variety of different disciplines for academic credit. Undergraduates interested in participating in research with ECI affiliated faculty should contact the individual faculty member.
Additional environmental student research opportunities: